Both men and women are concerned about hair loss. However, the truth is that most information available on the subject is inaccurate and misleading. It is common for hair to fall out, but if you notice a loss of hair or patches of hair falling out, it is important to seek medical attention.
Hair thinning causes:
Hair loss can be caused by many factors. There are many things you should know about hair fall. In an interview with HT Lifestyle Dr Geeta Grewal, a cosmetic surgeon, explained the main causes of hair loss.
1. Stress – Stress causes the entire body to be in distress. This leads to an imbalanced body of nutrients, which is the main reason hair loss.
2. Diet – Hair follicles are nourished from the inside of the body. What we feed it is a major factor in determining whether or not it has healthy hair. Hair loss can be caused by a diet low in vitamin D, biotin and zinc.
3. Weight loss – If we suddenly lose weight, we can also become deficient in nutrients that could lead to hair loss.
4. Age – The natural wear and tear on hair fibers causes them to thinn as we age. This happens regardless of gender and affects nearly everyone.
What causes hair loss?
Dr Geeta Grewal explained that “with any of these causes, the hair hair follicle begins getting constricted and the hair fiber starts becoming thin.” This can also lead to a miniaturization in hair health. The hair fiber eventually falls off when it becomes too tight. The hair will die if it falls off and the follicle becomes empty. The only option is to have a hair transplant. This involves taking hair from the back and planting it in the area where it has died. However, if caught early enough it can be reversed and the hair follicle will be revived and saved. You can turn this hair loss into healthy hair by providing proper nutrition, hair care and the right treatments.
Dr Geeta Grewal says there are many steps you can take to manage hair loss. Stress is the main contributor to hair loss and skin problems. A healthy, balanced diet is essential. “Proper nutrition is essential if you want healthy hair.” She also suggested some other methods to combat the problem of hair loss.
1. Hair products: If you do your research, there are many hair serums that may be of assistance. Medicated serums improve microcirculation and restore hair health. The results of ingredients like Mintop or propexil are well-documented. Serums should be used in the morning and at night. The best way to improve the health of your follicles is with serums.
2. Supplements: You cannot make up the nutritional gap with healthy food alone. Supplements such as multivitamins and Omega 3 and 6 fat acids, Biotin, and Folic acid can be used to speed up repair.
3. In-clinic treatment: For advanced hair loss, there are many simple and fast in-clinic options. Mesotherapy or Platelet-Rich Plasma treatment (PRP) are two options that can reverse hair follicle degeneration.
4. Over-the-counter remedies like Minoxidil also have shown positive results in treating hair. Finasteride (Propecia), a prescription medication for hair loss, is also available.
Image Source: https://images.app.goo.gl/fFXwVbjLdAL9E5SX7