Many people have problems with haircare. All the money spent on haircare products is used to address hair problems such as hair fall, greying, and dry scalp. Sometimes, however, the solution is as simple as taking precautions and using natural ingredients.
Ayurveda can help you here. Ayurvedic herbs are used for hair care over the years due to their moisturizing properties, which help reduce hair loss and encourage hair growth. Research in journals such as “Journal of Ehtanopharmacology,” has shown Jatamansi’s effectiveness in managing hair fall and other issues related to hair health 1. But how effective is it? Let’s get deep to learn why Jatamansi can be the rescuer people need for their hair.
According to phytochemical and pharmacological investigations, Jatamansi (or the Indian Spikenard) reduces hair loss and promotes hair growing. Its contribution to hair health has been recognized in Ayurveda for many years.
Jatamansi’s beneficial properties
It balances the three doshas of the body, particularly the Pitta-Kapha balance (fire-water), which is known to prevent hair loss.
Ayurvedic practitioners use Jatamansi oil, the Jatamansi roots, oil to promote hair growth, prevent hair loss, control dandruff, and prevent premature greying.
Jatamansi’s antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties make it a great choice for treating other conditions like depression and headaches.
Jatamansi’s chemical and physical properties make it the best Ayurvedic ingredient to men’s hair. Still unsure? These are the four main benefits.
1. Jatamansi promotes hair growth by ensuring long hair in the Anagen phase. The average lifespan for a single hair on the head is 5 years. Jatamansi ensures that the hair strands grow longer.
2. Sebum is a protective coating that covers the scalp and helps maintain the oil-moisture equilibrium. Dandruff, scalp infections and excessive oiliness can cause dryness and oiliness. Jatamansi keeps the scalp healthy by controlling oiliness and controlling dandruff. Jatamansi protects and maintains hair and scalp health.
3. Jatamansi oils helps prevent hair fall by increasing the size and strength of hair follicles. Jatamansi oil is a balm for hair and a tonic. Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties penetrate the scalp to rejuvenate hair follicles.
4. Jatamansi oils can also be used to darken hair naturally. Regular application of jatamansi oils to your hair will bring about noticeable improvements. It darkens hair because a few compounds can be used as natural dyeing agents. Jatamansi has been shown to be very effective in managing premature greying 2, according to scientific studies published in Pharmacognosy Research. Due to the oily nature of the herb (Snigdha Guna), the formulation gives the hair a lot more shine.
Jatamansi, and haircare
Jatamansi can be used in many ways. Ayurveda classifies Jatamansi’s taste and qualities as: light (Laghu), oily(Snigdha), bittersweet/Tikta- Madhura), pungent/Katu.
Jatamansi is available in three forms: oil, powdered, or natural root. It is best to use Jatamansi in its oil form for hair. Here’s how to make this amazing herb work for your hair:
1. Add 2-5 drops of Jatamansi Oil to a bowl or as much as you need
2. Add 1-2 teaspoons coconut oil to it
3. To control hair fall and stimulate hair follicles, apply the mixture to the area at least once or twice daily.
Remember to massage your scalp gently, at least once per day, and then wash your hair with a good natural shampoo. Within three weeks, you should notice a difference with Jatamansi.
Healthy hair can be achieved with a herbal approach. Jatamansi is a natural hair conditioner that can nourish the hair and prevent hair fall. It also helps to stop premature greying. Give your hair 8 hours of sleep, hydration, and some Ayurvedic herbs like Jatamansi.